Monday, June 15, 2009

A damn virus fucked up my day..so just the City Hall and a Korean supermarket :-D !!






ENGLISH

(Italian is below)

A goddamn virus fucked up my day today. Woke up and there was this damn Trojan showing up stupid icons and windows! It gave me really hard time man.. it was fuckin hijacking my internet connection and it was impossible download a cure.. it took time but I got rid of it! And talking about time, it took really a couple of hours so my plans for today have been completely fucked up.. I wanted to check Jericho beach but since it isn’t so close I postponed it. I went instead to see one of the Vancouver landmark, the City Hall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_City_Hall)... Well, nothing particularly interesting if I’ve to say the truth, it’s a modern building with a statue of captain Vancouver pointing the way just at the entrance and two huge flags just aside to remember the Olympic Games next year but was one of the thing that I had to do...one of the things in my list (LOL..like Jacob's lists in LOST!!). Yep, I made a list with all the things that I wanna see and do here and around Vancouver; it isn’t a long list but there are a couple of points that I’ve absolutely do! Just close to the City Hall a station of the new Canada Line, the third Skytrain line in construction right now and scheduled to open next fall for the Labour Day that here contrary to Europe is on the first Monday of September.

About yesterday, I was working like I wrote the day before but it was really fast; for most of the day we were just me and Julia and I’ve to tell that when I work with her it goes always faster, I really like her :-) .

I like everyone that works with me but maybe since Julia is pretty much my same age, we have more interests in common; she likes travel too and she would like see Europe and Italy too :-) . I’ve noticed one thing over here: for us livin’ in Europe is really a lot easier travel around; thanks to Ryanair, Easyjet, Tuifly, Vueling or whatever we can fly for 10\15 € or even 1 EuroCENT (Bruxelles and London = Total 4 CENT!.. free to not believe :-D) all around the European Union. Here instead you can’t find low cost companies, they just don’t exist and since Canada is huge, it’s impossible even for the Canadians themselves travel all around their own country and of course it’s a lot harder for them come to Europe. So under this point of view, we are lucky for our location.

I spent the rest of the day around here, I stopped by to the Pacific Centre to buy a couple of things. Price of clothes like I already told, brand clothes too, are ridiculous. Something that in Italy we pay 85 €, here it costs 20 €!

This evening, I stopped by to H-Mart (http://www.hmart.com/) a Korean Supermarket over here in Robson Street. Julia suggested me it.. and oh my God.. they have some strange thing at all :-) A lot of instant soups..a lot of meat and seafoods!! They even have frozen oysters..unfortunately I am unable to cook them..I've to google how to do that.. the weirdest thing I saw are the Seaweed snacks..really weird... they have very cheap already ready meals..... I'll go again there I think... it's different but surely better than the chinese supermarket I saw sometime ago :-)

And so for the first time in my life, I ate Korean today, exactly this: Tteokbokki :-) funny name.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tteokbokki it was good...and really cheap, just 3.19 $ but so spicy!!!! My eyes are still sweating!!

My next free day will be Thursday when I think that I’ll finally check Jericho Beach.

C ya

ITALIAN

Un maledetto virus ha mandato all’aria la mia giornata oggi. Mi sono svegliato con un trojan che dirottava la mia connessione internet impedendomi di scaricare un programma per eliminarlo e che faceva apparire icone e finestre completamente impazzite.C’e davvero voluto del tempo per liberarmene e parecchio, cosicché non sono potuto andare a dare un’occhiata a Jerico Beach che era ciò che avrei voluto fare oggi. Sono così andato a vedermi il municipio di Vancouver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_City_Hall) , nulla di speciale a dire la verità, solo un edificio d’architettura moderna con una statua del capitano Vancouver giusto di fronte all’entrata e due enormi bandiere a lato per ricordare i prossimi Giochi Olimpici però era una cosa che dovevo fare, una cosa nella mia lista (ahaha..proprio come nelle liste di LOST :-D). Sì, mi son fatto una lista delle cose che voglio fare e vedere qui e intorno a Vancouver, non è lunghissima ma ci sono un paio di cose che voglio assolutamente fare.

Riguardo a ieri come avevo già detto ero di turno in negozio ma la giornata è passata abbastanza velocemente: per buona parte della giornata lavoravamo solo io e Julia e quando lavoro con lei è sempre abbastanza veloce.

Vado d’accordo con tutti i miei colleghi ma visto che Julia ha praticamente la mia stessa età è sicuramente più facile trovare argomenti in comune; anche a lei piace viaggiare e vorrebbe visitare l’Europa e l’Italia. Ho constatato una cosa qui: per noi che viviamo in Europa è davvero facile viaggiare su e giù per il nostro continente spendendo cifre irrisorie come 10\15 € oppure 1 cent come ho fatto per ben due volte (vero Front e Pighy?) grazie a Ryanair, Easyjet, Tuifly o whatever. Qui invece praticamente non esistono compagnie low cost, c’e un duopolio di Air Canada e Westjet e per i canadesi visto che il Canada è enorme è difficilissimo per loro vedere tutta la loro stessa nazione per non parlare poi del visitare l’Europa. Perciò sotto questo punto di vista, la nostra location ci rende sicuramente fortunati!

Il resto della giornata l’ho passato gironzolando qui intorno fermandomi a comprare un paio di cose al Pacific Centre. E’ incredibile vedere i prezzi dei vestiti.. ridicoli!! Cose che in Italia si pagano 85 € qui, identiche, costano 20€!

Questa sera mi sono fermato da H-Mart (http://www.hmart.com/), un supermarcato coreano qui in Robson Street che Julia m'ha consigliato..eh.. oh my God.. hanno davver alcune cose strane tra le quali centinaia di diversi tipi di noodles e zuppe instantanee.. diversi tipi di carne e tonnellate di pesce e frutti di mare.. la cosa più strana che ho visto sono gli snack fatti di alghe...hanno cose già pronte abbastanza economiche e non troppo strane..ci ritornerò.. è sicuramente meglio del supermarcato cinese che ho visto qualche tempo fa!!

E così per la prima volta nella mia vita stasera ho mangiato Koreana.. esattamente questa cosa: Tteokbokki :-) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tteokbokki funny name.. Non era male.. e al costo di solo 3.19 dollari.. poco piu di 2 euro! Però dannatamente piccante!! I miei occhi stanno sudando ancora!!

Il mio prossimo giorno libero sarà giovedì e spero di dare un’occhiata a Jericho Beach!

C ya


No comments:

Post a Comment