Friday, September 25, 2009

9 days to go! Vancouver Canucks and Korean BBQ! :)






ENGLISH

So..I managed to be inside the GM Place to watch live an hockey game!

Monday, together with Adam we went to see one of the pre season games: Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames!! I put on my Canucks jersey and I was ready for the game!

Well, what can I say? Hockey looks really cool! Beside some rule that I didn’t really get (for example when they change all the team) the main aim is just that: score a goal! So, it’s something that I’m familiar with!

Over here, like I said in one of my first posts, hockey is the national sport and even for a friendly game, the GM place was pretty packed!

The match was great, with a point scored by double Sedin :) just at the last second available! The extra time finished without any variation and so: shoot outs! Something that they tried to introduce in soccer as well but without any result!

Around me, very North American atmosphere, hot dogs, sodas, Canadian pride just before the beginning of the match when the national anthem was played...

Well, was definitely something that I had to check out before my departure!

The moment is coming... I don’t have so much left.. I spent my last free days planning and packing! My adventure down in the States is pretty much completely organized.. flights and accommodations are booked.. in the next updates I’ll tell where I’ll go and when!

So..I still miss the UBC and Whistler.. let’s see if I’ll make it!

What else? Since my leaving is close is the moment of some good bye – farewell.. It’s really like a déjà vu, like two years ago when was the moment to leave Las Palmas.. I saw my former Czech colleague Zdenka that came back from Vancouver Island for a couple of days.. it was nice see her again.. with Julia surely has been one of my favourite colleague! About Julia, she just resigned and left the job because too much commitments with her university.. and so came the moment to say her good bye as well.. I went with her, her boyfriend and her brother to an authentic Korean BBQ.. that was awesome.. it’s really a nice way to have dinner! I enjoyed the days spent with her at work.. talking with someone that really shares your same interests and is close to you with age..makes everything a lot easier!

So, well, nothing else... 1 week at work.. and 9 days to go!

C ya

ITALIAN

E così c’è l’ho fatta ad andare al GM Place a vedere finalmente dal vivo una partita di hockey!

Lunedì insieme ad Adam siamo andati a vedere una partita della pre-season: Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames! Indossata la mia maglia dei Canucks..ero pronto per entrare nel vivo dell’azione!

Bè,cosa posso dire? L’hockey non è affatto male! Al di là di qualche regola che non sono riuscito a capire completamente, l’obiettivo principale è semplicemente quello di segnare un gol!Pertanto è qualcosa che mi è davvero familiare!

Qui in Canada come avevo già detto, l’hockey è senza dubbio lo sport nazionale e di conseguenza anche per una partita amichevole, lo stadio era praticamente sold out!

La partita è stata spettacolare, con un gol realizzato dal mio sosia Sedin :D ! giusto all’ultimo secondo disponibile! Il tempo supplementare s’è concluso senza alcuna variazione e si è passati agli shoot out, qualcosa che si era tentato di introdurre anche nel calcio con risultati ovviamente fallimentari!

Intorno a me, la vera atmosfera nord americana: hot dogs, bibite giganti, pop corn e orgoglio Canadese al momento dell’esecuzione dell’inno nazionale “Oh, Canada!”

Alla fine, qualcosa che è valso la pena vedere, prima della mia partenza!

Il momento si sta avvicinando.. non c’è davvero rimasto molto ormai.. ho passato i miei ultimi giorni liberi pianificando gli ultimi dettagli ed iniziando ad impacchettare le mie cose! La seconda parte della mia avventura, giù negli States è quasi completamente organizzata.. voli e accomodations sono prenotati.. nei prossimi futuri update dirò come, quando e dove andrò!

Mi mancano ancora da vedere Whistler e la UBC… speriamo di farcela!

Cos’altro? Dato che la mia partenza è vicina, è il momento di alcuni arrivederci-addii.. è davvero come un dejà vu, come due anni fa, al momento di lasciare LP! Ho rivisto la mia ex collega Ceca, Zdenka che è tornata per alcuni giorni a Vancouver lasciando Vancouver Island.. è stato carino rivederla di nuovo..indubbiamente con Julia è sicuramente la mia collega preferita.. loro due sono sicuramente quelle con cui sono andato più d’accordo in questi mesi… riguardo Julia, si è appena licenziata perché troppo impegnata con l’ultimo anno di università.. e così è arrivato il momento di dire arrivederci anche a lei… siamo andati insieme al suo boyfriend ed a suo fratello ad un autentico Korean BBQ… spettacolare.. veramente interessante! Mi sono divertito a lavorare con lei, parlare con qualcuno che condivide esattamente i tuoi stessi interessi ed è praticamente tuo coetaneo, rende veramente tutto molto più faci!

Bè, nient’altro.. una settimana al lavoro.. 9 days to go!

C ya

No comments:

Post a Comment