Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Motherfucker is here and Vancouver looks greater :-) Seattle 2 days trip!












And so..the motherfucker arrived over here! Well, actually he got here on last Monday but only now I found time to update these pages!

What can I say? It’s really cool that Luighi came here! That basically broke my daily routine giving me a chance to do things that I missed until now! The day after his arrival we toured Stanley Park.. and I finally saw practically everything of it! I took a look to the Lighthouse and to the 9 o’clock gun! Now all the exploration has been done! Try to find a compromise between my schedule and Luighi’s time is surely not easy.. I can’t ask other days off since my Yukon-Alaskan experience is really close.. next week I’ll be up in the North! So Luighi is going around by himself and I reach him after the end of my shift. (Well of course he understimated the jet lag... telling: I feel good, I ain't tired... yea of course.. the day after was completely K.O!!)

We have been to Seattle, something that we really needed to check it out! The custom process through the American border wasn’t so painful but still they always make the same dumb questions... Seattle is only 250 km far away from here but the bus took more than 4 hours.. all of this because of this process.. surely for us, used to travel all around within all the European Union without pretty much anything, is something kind of boring.. custom declarations, interviews, searchings.. well but after 26 years of my life I finally got to the States! Was pretty much one of my life’s dreams and I made it! What can I tell about Seattle? Like Vancouver itself is a pretty new city so there isn’t really a lot to see over there.. there’s nothing really old.. nothing is old like back in Italy and in Europe but still was a nice experience... there weren’t many differences between Seattle and Vancouver even if in America we saw a stronger black community that here is unknown and a Spanish community even in Washington state, deep north! Everywhere Spanish is just below English.. something that for me isn’t really a great idea.. in that way u don’t really push people to learn the local language..well.. whatever :-D

So, down there, in 2 days we did pretty much all that we were supposed to do! We checked the Space Needle, the highest structure in Seattle that gave us a nice glance to all downtown and the surroundings... we made an underground tour, checking the old buildings survived a fire back in 1889 and we visited the Museum of Flight, one of the biggest flight museums in the world with really a bunch of different aircrafts including the Concorde (well, not what I expected) and the Air Force One used by JFK !! It was really cool!

And the States, referring just to Seattle for now they are unbelievably cheap! I just laugh thinking about someone in Italy that get ripped off everyday! With the same amount of money here u can buy 5 things!! For sure! When I saw some price tag I was shocked!!

We got home at 3.00 am and after 5 hours I was ready and awake to go to work again :-) Work is going on a lot slower than August, Vancouver is less crowdie right now and you can really see it...

I don’t have so much time left right now at work... when Luighi will be gone on the 11th, I’ll leave to my North exploration for 5 days and after that.. the time will be almost over...

There is still something to check over here: Victoria, Whistler, Fort Langley.. I think I’ll have time to check everything... surely I’ll miss smth but well, I did my best!

Now there is still 1 week with Luighi around here... let’s see what it will happen!

C ya


P.S A question: Who are my new followers? Katia & Nik.. guys let me know who u are :-)

2 comments:

  1. Katia (katiaseven@yahoo.it)September 8, 2009 at 7:23 AM

    Ciao Alex,
    cercavo un altro modo per scriverti ma mi sembra che qui questo sia l'unico.
    Ti seguo perchè in parte prenderò il tuo posto...arriverò a Vancouver o il 30 settembre o il 28 ottobre, in base ai tempi dell'ambasciata......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Se arrivi il 30 settembre io sono ancora qui... non ci sarebbero problemi ad incontrarci :)
    Fammi sapere :P

    ReplyDelete