Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's time to turn the page... Goodbye Vancouver.. and thank you :)

ENGLISH

So, like the title says.. it’s time to turn the page.. the moment is arrived.. I’m going to leave Vancouver and Canada as well.. has to be said that I’m leaving just because my visa obliges me to do that and not cause I wanna go back to Italy, I think that this has to be clear.
Seems that I arrived over here not so much time ago instead my backpack ready and heavy in my living room tells me that was 6 months ago.

6 months, yea that’s right!

When I came over here my idea was basically work for some time, travel across Canada till Toronto and fly back home. The project radically changed. It did cause 6 months it’s not enough. To travel you have to have money and therefore you have to work! And live here it’s cheaper than Italy but still, it’s expensive. So with time I just decided that I had to go down to the States since like I already mentioned I always wanted to do that!

I remember when I wrote the update after 3 months over here and right now I’m writing my final one from my flat in Yaletown. What can I say? Well, like when I came back from Las Palmas, I’ll be unable to explain what these 6 months have been for me...cause people at home, they will simply not understand because of their old concept of life..

I really liked Canada. I really liked Vancouver, the Yukon when I was up there, the city itself over here.

I will miss everything. I will miss the nature around, I will miss the safety that you can feel everywhere every time, I will miss the Canadian way to see things, I will miss the Canadian miracle that means how these guys have been able to create a nation with so many different backgrounds, so many different races living all together completely integrated.. something that will never happen in Italy; I will miss the quality of life, I will miss the people, I will miss the possibility to interact with persons from everywhere in the world, I will miss everyone talking in English around me.

I will miss my job as well. It wasn’t something related to what I studied but I learned really quite a lot of things with it. I learned the basis of customer service that over here is totally different than in Europe, I learned how to interact with people, I learned about the Canadian First Nations, I basically learned what means wake up every morning and go to work. Sometimes wasn’t easy..but I’m glad I had this opportunity.

I learned to live completely by myself. Even if I had already lived this, here has been different. Here I was on my own.. from the beginning to the end.

Someone could ask me.. if u could turn back time, you would come back over here again?
The answer is difficult. Inside my heart there is always the wish to go to Australia but I think the idea to come over here was positive. Positive cause I improved a proper English, the one that is mainly spoken worldwide, positive cause I was able to work pretty much 6 months continuously, positive cause I’ll have the opportunity to visit the States... so yea..probably I would come back over here :)

Live abroad isn’t easy. Reading about someone else that is in Canada with the same Visa.. I read about people that worked for free in farms or something like that. My opinion is that there is totally no point to do that! In Australia you work in a farm to get an extension for another year of your Visa.. here where’s the point? Yea..nature and stuff like that but.. well.. I guess that everyone is different but for me is just a waste of time.. Or about someone else that came here, did a month English course and the a vacation for 5\6 months hanging around all time with people of the same ethnic background.. why??

I’m happy about all the choices that I did over here.

I’m totally happy that I’ve never been around with Italians! I never looked for them and I always stayed just with English speaker beside when Luigi was here!

I’m happy with the job that I found and I kept for 6 months! I’m happy with where I lived.. I’m happy about how I was able to survive and manage my assets :)

Another possible question that I could hear is : Would u live forever in Canada?

Yes! Absolutely... with a job related to my field of studies but yes, no doubt! The quality of life is just so higher than Italy... that make a comparison is just embarrassing.

So, I just wanted to thank all the people that crossed my path in these 6 months. I’ll always remember this time.

Thank you.

Like I said, now it’s time... it’s time to turn the page...

ITALIAN

Così come il titolo stesso dice, è tempo di girare pagina..il momento è arrivato. Sto per lasciare Vancouver e lo stesso Canada. Voglio sottolineare ed ancora una volta ricordare che sto andando via solamente perché sono obbligato dal mio visto e assolutamente non perché voglio tornare a casa, ritengo che ciò debba essere chiaro.

Mi sembra di essere arrivato qui non così tanto tempo fa ma il mio zaino pronto e pesante qui nel salotto mi dice che sono passati 6 mesi.

6 mesi, that’s right!

Quando arrivai qui la mia idea era sostanzialmente quella di attraversare l’intero Canada ed arrivare fino a Toronto.Come sapete il progetto è poi radicalmente cambiato. E’ successo perché semplicemente 6 mesi non sono abbastanza. Per viaggiare è necessario avere denaro sufficiente e di conseguenza si deve lavorare! Pur essendo meno cara dell’Italia, la vita lo è anche qui pertanto ho deciso di visitare gli Stati Uniti visto che è qualcosa che ho sempre desiderato fare.

Ricordo quando scrissi l’update di metà esperienza e ora sto scrivendo quello finale, sempre qui dal mio appartamento in Yaletown. Cosa posso dire? Sicuramente come quando tornati da Las Palmas, non sarò in grado di spiegare cosa questi 6 mesi hanno per me rappresentato.. perché la gente a casa, semplicemente non può capire a casa dell’antico concetto di vita che ha.

Ho veramente amato il Canada, Vancouver, lo Yukon quando sono stato lassù e la città stessa qui.

Mi mancherà ogni cosa. L’essere circondati dalla natura, il senso di sicurezza che si avverte ovunque ed in ogni momento, mi mancherà il modo canadese di vedere le cose, mi mancherà il miracolo canadese e cioè come questa nazione è stata in grado di integrare popoli così diversi giunti qui da ogni parte del mondo, qualcosa che in Italia non accadrà mai. Mi mancherà la qualità della vita, le persone, la possibilità di interagire con persone da ogni parte del mondo, mi mancherà l’inglese parlato sempre attorno a me.

In un certo modo mi mancherà anche il mio lavoro. Sicuramente ed ovviamente non era qualcosa legato a ciò che ho studiato ma grazie ad esso ho sicuramente imparato diverse cose importanti. Le basi del servizio al cliente che qui è inteso in una maniera completamente differente rispetto all’Europa, ho imparato come interagire con le persone, ho imparato parte della cultura dei nativi canadesi, ho sostanzialmente imparato cosa significa alzarsi ogni mattina ed andare a lavorare. A volte non è stato sicuramente facile, ma sono felice di avere avuto questa opportunità-

Ho imparato cosa significa vivere completamente da solo. Anche se lo avevo già fatto, qui è stato totalmente diverso. Ho dovuto provvedere a tutto da solo, dall’inizio alla fine.

Qualcuno potrebbe chiedermi.. se potessi tornare indietro nel tempo, verresti di nuovo in Canada?

La risposta non è semplice ma complessa. Dentro di me c’è e ci sarà sempre il desiderio di andare in Australia ma credo che la scelta di venire qui sia stata positiva. Positiva perché ho potuto migliorare apprendendo sempre di più quello che è l’inglese maggiormente parlato la mondo, positiva perché sono riuscito a lavorare 6 mesi di fila, positiva perché avrò la possibilità di visitare gli Stati Uniti… così si..probabilemente tornerei qui.

Vivere all’estero non è facile. Leggendo di alcuni che sono qui con lo stesso visto, leggo di gente che lavora gratis in fattorie locali.. per quale ragione lo fate?? In Australia lo si fa poiché si vuole avere un’estensione annuale del visto ma qui non c’è nessuna ragione! O leggo di alcuni che sono venuti qui giusto per un paio di mesi, hanno fatto un corso d’inglese di un mese e vagato in giro per gli altri tre stando sempre con persone della stessa lingua!! Perché???

Sono contento di tutte le decisioni che ho preso qui.

Contento del fatto di non essere mai andato nemmeno a cercare gli italiani! Sono sempre stato con madrelingua inglesi a parte durante la visita di Luigi!

Sono contento del lavoro trovato, sarebbe potuto andarmi certamente peggio! Sono contento di dove ho vissuto e di come ho amministrato le mie finanze..

Un’altra possibile domanda potrebbe essere: Vivresti per sempre in Canada?

SI!! Assolutamente.. con un lavoro diverso ovviamente, collegato a ciò che ho studiato ma si, nessun dubbio! La qualità della vita qui è cosi superiore all’Italia che fare un confronto è semplicemente imbarazzante!

Volevo ringraziare tutti coloro che hanno incrociato il mio cammino in questi mesi. Ricorderò sempre questo periodo della mia vita.

Grazie.

Come ho detto, ora è tempo… è tempo di girare pagina..



No comments:

Post a Comment